Wednesday, September 21, 2016

#TheDixieLife

Living on campus I know two things are assured: the first being loud and noisy neighbors, and the orchestra of construction. There are times when the noise becomes too much and one has to get away. Having no car my daily walks around campus are my way to clear my mind. Our campus is beautiful from the grassy knolls to the rock gardens, the many fountains, and trees the landscapers did a fantastic job. There is plenty of space for students to walk, study, or relax outside. All of the buildings on campus have an outdoor area for studying or relaxing. The many trees on campus provide shade and places for birds to live. However, aside from bugs and occasional reptile, birds are the only wildlife I have seen on campus. This is not surprising seeing as the campus is in the middle of town and is populated, but what perturbed me a little bit is the dead birds I have seen on campus.  Four, that is the number of dead birds I saw on my walk, and this got me thinking what is going on? One of them looked as if it had met their end from a piece of construction equipment, but the other three were just lying on the sidewalk. I have seen a few stray cats on campus could they be the culprit. I have seen litter almost everywhere on campus, could they have gotten ahold of something they shouldn’t. I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject, please post them in the comments.

1 comment: